Vitiligo involving the genital areas is commonly encountered, and can be embarrassing for patients. Our Clinic understands the importance of treating these areas, and the psychological distress of vitiligo. Anti-inflammatory ointments and creams can re-pigment white patches of vitiligo in these areas.
Facts on vitiligo in genital areas
- Vitiligo can affect any part of the body including the genital areas
- Most patients are embarrassed to discuss this with their doctor
- Specialists at the Vitiligo Solutions Clinic understand the importance of treating vitiligo in these areas
- A combination of creams, lotions and ointments can improve genital vitiligo in up to 30- 50% of cases
- Vitiligo involving the face re-pigments in up to 85% of cases
Best treatments for genital vitiligo: